Sunday, January 25, 2009

WEEK 18 - ACHES AND PAINS, MATERNITY CLOTHES, AND BACK TO THE OB

During week 18 I was able to further reduce my Diclectin for nausea. Unfortunately it was around this time that my lower back also started to get a bit sore and my knee swelled up for some unknown reason (most likely related to my joints loosening with the pregnancy). This made it even more difficult to get exercise than previously.

This was the week where I stopped trying to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes and went out and bought some maternity clothes. I was pretty impressed with Motherhood Maternity. I was able to get some nice clothes there at VERY reasonable prices! Maternity clothes today are NOT like your mother’s maternity clothes…they’re pretty cute! And I have to say – they’re also pretty comfortable. I’ve warned my family not to be surprised if I wear maternity pants to Christmas dinner next year! :)

During this week I had my second appointment with my OB. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat again, which was great :) We also found out that, during my regular fetal assessments starting around week 24, we will find out the gender of the baby (which we have wanted to know). Other than that, there was nothing significant that came out of this appointment. Everything was progressing as it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment